- Create a killer detail page that converts
- Set yourself apart from competition and close the buyers who view your product
- Prime and maintain your number one rank for the long-term
- Use Justin’s secret tricks of the trade to bolster your success
- Create truly relevant products that buyers want now
- Learn about the manufacturing process and what’s involved in making your own products
- Negotiate the best deals on your products
- Identify the products that consumers are most likely to buy
Your Questions Answered:
A Q&A Session with Justin Ligeri
What is this event really all about?
This event is all about teaching people how to source a product, how to find out exactly which product to source, how many people are looking for it, how to make it go to the top of Amazon and reap the rewards plus answering real questions from real sellers so they can achieve real results in their business.
Are your strategies hard to understand?
Last Christmas, my buddy and I were at the Beverly Hills Hotel. He’s a Yale grad and is always looking for more ways to make money. So I asked him what the average Yale-y makes out of college, and he told me you can start at about $70,000 if you did well in school.
I said, “Come over here.”
We went into the little computer room at the Beverly Hills Hotel and in 15 minutes, I showed him how to rank a product #1 on Amazon. We chose to use a light saber from a Star Wars movie and I said, “We’re going to make this light saber come up number 1 under light saber. Now that Star Wars is out, we’re going to get a lot of traffic.”
That light saber ended up grossing a million dollars, and it only took about 15 minutes of my time. That’s what I want to teach people.
What kind of products do you sell?
I have no limits on what I’ll sell as long as it’s not offensive to family and kids because I run a family- and kid-oriented business. Most of what I sell on Amazon falls under the category of Toys. In fact, about 85% of everything I sell on Amazon is in the Toys and Games category. The remaining 15% is done in Clothing and in Patio, and I also do a little bit of selling in Home and Kitchen.
My company has about 10 kitchen-related products that have nothing to do with toys. We’re branding ourselves as a family and kid-friendly company, so we not only make stuff for kids as young as age 3, but we also make products for college-age up through adults. For instance, our pool floats are one of our biggest lines, and our average customer for pool floats are college kids and adults.
Is manufacturing required for someone who wants to sell successfully on Amazon?
The short answer is no, it’s not required to be successful. But if you want to increase your margins (and therefore your profits), manufacturing is the essential “next step” in expanding your business.
How do you go about the manufacturing process?
That’s a really in-depth thing that we will go over at the event.
However, my recommendation is not to go to sites like Alibaba and U.S. Trading Partners for products. For me, I want to go right to the factories and get the best possible pricing. I work with lots of factories in China. Over 50 factories make our products We even have a program that we’ll be launching after this seminar where we’ll actually bring people to factories in Hong Kong and China.
What is your specialty?
My specialty is making that product rank #1 on Amazon—out of hundreds of thousands or millions of results. It takes me a couple weeks to do that, and then once that’s done, I collect passive income on that product forever.
What has contributed to your success on Amazon?
I always focus on process and long-term strategy. Most Amazon sellers I meet can be short-term focused. They’re more focused on the money they’re going to make rather than what they’re going to create. For me, it’s always about creating.
Can this program really teach me to rank #1 or #2 on Amazon?
Yes, and I think the reason I can teach anyone to be #1 on Amazon is because it’s very process-oriented. It’s very easy to do if you follow the steps. You’re not going to stay #1 because Amazon’s system is built on relevancy and value. If you get to #1 but don’t have a really relevant product, the products that rank #2 and #3 will end up looking better to the consumer and subsequently get more clicks and conversions. At that point, I’m only going to be able to rent that spot at #1.
What are the greatest take-aways from this event?
What I really want to teach Amazon Sellers (whether they private-label products or not) is how to make their products appear at the top of Amazon—literally how to rank high and then continually protect that ranking. The goal is to provide every little detail of this strategy so there’s no question about how to apply it to your own business.